NURUL AULIA SARI
One of the young artists who will be participated in this Open P.O. is Nurul Aulia Sari. She is a ceramic sculpture artist who was born in Solo on 1997, she lives and raises in Jakarta until now. Her concern on three dimensions artwork has been engaged since she studied at ceramic studio, Visual Art Department, ITB. The theme that Nurul often raises through her artwork is about the response of the feelings or personal emotions to something or personal problems, and then she visualizes it by analogy or metaphor.
At this time, Nurul’s ideas was inspired by “Arca Dwarapala”. Arca Dwarapala is a namely statue that is usually located at the gate of a temple or house, which is believed to be a guard or protector as well as an antidote to evil. In this Open P.O project, she will create a “lucky charm” or fortune-telling statues of ceramics that are expected to bring a good to be placed in the rooms inside the house.
"She will create a “lucky charm” or fortune-telling statues of ceramics that are expected to bring a good to be placed in the rooms inside the house.."
Her creating method is creating several a lucky charm or fortune-telling statues with various uses or lucky properties that will be offered to members of the home owner’s family
The collectors or family members can choose which kind of a lucky charm or amulets that they feel is suitable to be placed at their home.
NURUL AULIA SARI
Born in Solo, 12 February 1997
2015-2020 Bachelor of Visual Arts. Bandung Institute of Technology (ITB) Faculty of Art and Design, Visual Art Major, Ceramic Arts Studio.
- Asian Festival of Children’s Content (AFCC), BIG Digital Gallery, Singapore.
- Miss Something? Yuliansya Akbar Gallery URBANE, Bandung.
- Laboratory Exposition, Griya Seni Popo Iskandar, Bandung.
- Illustration and Design for Children Book Exhibition, Galeri Soemardja, Bandung.
- Artweek 2017: Manakartala, The Breeze Art Space, BSD.
- Kolektif Betina: Lady Fast Vol.2, Spasial Gudang Selatan, Bandung.
- Kontraversi: TPB FSRD ITB Final Project Exhibition, TPB FSRD Building, Bandung
- Status Quo: Print Making Studio Project Exhibition, Titik Temu, Bandung
- Performance Art by Fat Felvet: “Ontologi Dedes” Assistant Art Director Galeri Indonesia Kaya, Jakarta
- Perayaan Krisis Bujangan Art Exhibition Head of Visual Design, Spasial Gudang Selatan, Bandung