HILMY PRATAMA SOEPADMO
Hilmy Pratama Soepadmo was born in 1993, he is the young artist who lives and works in Bandung. He has completed his studies at the painting studio, Visual Art Department, FSRD ITB. He is not only an artist but also a graphic designer. His ability in processing digital images is an added value to develop the process of the artwork, and this will be open up experimental opportunities with other mediums in his creation methodology such as digital print, Perspex, and ready-made object processing. Hilmy’s artwork talks about the awareness of visual culture, consumerism behavior, and its relationship with the product commodification.
EXTRAORDINARY COMMON OBJECT
In this open P.O program, Hilmy will carry the theme of his artwork about the relationship between the home and the “object” it contains. As we know, the objects at home will be related to a narrative about memory such as certain events, moments, or figures. Through this project, Hilmy will pack up a narrative and memory into an artwork.
On the monitor, the collector's portrait image will be combined with a portrait image of the other family members and resulting in a new facial image that is combining from both faces.
Hilmy will carry the theme of his artwork about the relationship between the home and the objects.
The selected items or objects will be composed in such a way in a new packaging containing information, notation, and additional aesthetic elements. It will be processed through a method based on the tendency of his work. The formatted output can be in the form of a crate museum box, Perspex box, or vacuum forming. Finally, this packing will become an artwork that is displayed on the wall at home to wrap the memory.
HILMY PRATAMA SOEPADMO
Date of Birth : 10/13/1993
Place of Birth : Bandung
2017 Institute Technology of Bandung (ITB) Fine Art Painting
2012 Taruna Bakti Highschool
- “The Salon”, Telok Ayers Art Club, Singapore
- “Art Jakarta”, Bale Project JCC Senayan, Jakarta – Indonesia
- “6th Bandung Contemporary Art Award” Lawangwangi, Bandung – Indonesia
- “Lukisan Gapilan”, Selasar Sunaryo Art Space, Bandung – Indonesia
- “Speed/Laju, Kompetisi Trimatra 2019”, Komunitas Salihara, Jakarta – Indonesia
- “Precursory Explication #1”, The Village, Purwakarta – Indonesia
- “Moving Class presents: You’ve Got One Notification Artist Book Exhibition”, The Parlor, Bandung – Indonesia
- “Spektrum 100th Hendra Gunawan”, Ciputra Artpreneur, Jakarta – Indonesia
- “Gyeongnam International Art Fair 2018”, Luv Contemporary Art ,CECO, Changwon – South Korea
- “Art Jakarta”, ROH PROJECT, Ritz Carlton Pacific Place, Jakarta – Indonesia
- “Daegu Art”, Luv Contemporary Art, EXCO, Daegu – South Korea
- “Extrapolation of Dependence”, Pameran Tugas Akhir Seni Lukis ITB Gedung Indonesia Menggugat, Bandung – Indonesia
- “I Know What I Do; And I Do It Anyway, 15x15x15 Mini Art Exhibition”, Galeri Soemardja, Bandung – Indonesia
- “Gethok Tular”, Omnispace, Bandung – Indonesia
- “Moving Class Group Exhibition”, Senyawa Artspace, Sejiwa, Bandung – Indonesia
- “Bandung Youth Academic Painters”, Platform 3, Bandung – Indonesia
- “How To Draw”, Gedung Gas Negara, Bandung – Indonesia
- “15x15x15 Collosal-Mini Art Exhibition”, Galeri Soemardja, Bandung – Indonesia