Bottlesmoker is a music project by Anggung Suherman (Angkuy) and Ryan Nobie Adzani, from Bandung, Indonesia. In 2005, this duo has been working on experimental music in the area of electronic pop – indietronica instrumental, which was still a rare thing to do in Indonesia circa 2000s. In their musical creation process, Bottlesmoker has inspired a lot by musicians and by their environment and surroundings. Their music has become one personal, intimate sanctuary, that successfully transferred to their audience and it has a strong connection with harmony in nature.
Plantasia is a project of Bottlesmoker for project P.O #3. The purpose of this project is to increase the growth of plants faster than usual by giving an audio process to the plants. It could be giving music composition as the audio process to influence the character and growth rate of the plants. The music composition refers to scientific studies about the sound effect toward the plants which is combined with the local wisdom concept in Indonesia. The experiment by giving sound to the plants proved that sound can give good stimulates to the plants. And it also affects the growth of vegetables faster, the motion response of the plants significantly, and satisfyingly, the blooming process of the flowery plant is shorter, and the green leaves are more shining. In the meanwhile, what will be happened to the other plants of the collector’s house? Bottlesmoker will do an experiment with the same process to the collector’s plants by giving frequency and audio.
"The purpose of this project is to increase the growth of plants faster than usual by giving an audio process to the plants."
The method is looking up the research about the plants in the collector’s house by discussing sections together. From this research, Bottlesmoker will create music composition and audio that will be live in the collector’s house for about one hour. It depends on the plants of the collector themselves. The creating of music composition must be exclusive and only one music composition for one collector.
The output project of Plantasia is a video document process and music composition record. All of them must not be shared and spread to the public or given to the other collectors. The collector may repeat the music composition for more than once every day. The best time to play is in the morning at 10 a.m. and after 3 p.m. in the evening.
The purpose of this project is to increase the growth of plants faster than usual by giving an audio process to the plants.
- Triennale, National Gallery Victoria, Melbourne, 2017
- Wot Batu, Selasar Sunaryo, Indonesia, 2015
- Printemps Francais in Hanoi, Vietnam, 2013
- Fete dela WSK in Manila,Philippines, 2011
- Best Electro / Dance Act AVIMA (Asia Voice of Independent Music Awards) 2010.
- Best Electro / Dance Song AVIMA (Asia Voice of Independent Music Awards) 2010.
- Best Digital Music INAICTA (Indonesia Information and Communications Technology Award) 2010.
- Asian Music Festival 2 in Manila, Philippines, 2010
- Asian Echo in Shanghai, China, 2011
- Baybeats Festival, Singapore, 2012
- Big Mountain Music Festival,Bonanza,Thailand, 2012
- Urbanscape Festival, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2013
- Kylin Music Festival, Beijing, China, 2013
- Soundfair Festival, Jakarta, 2014
- Djakarta Warehouse Project, Jakarta, 2015
- Lalala Festival, Bandung, 2016
- Laneway Festival, Singapore, 2017
- Zandari Festa, Seoul, 2017
- Transmusicales, Rennes, France, 2017
- Playtime Music Festival, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, 2018
- APT9 Summer Festival, Brisbane, Australia, 2019
- Ladytron, Jakarta, 2012
- Architecture in Helsinki, Jakarta, 2012
- The Skints, Bangkok, 2012
- Efterklang, Selangor, 2013
- Porter Robinson, Jakarta, 2015
- Todd Terry, Bangkok, 2015
- Battles, Bangkok, 2015
- M83, Jakarta, 2015
- Panama, Bandung, 2017